- Over 45 years of banking, Islamic Finance & Capital Markets experience
- Member of Steering Committee for International Islamic Money Market project
- Masters in Business Management (MBM), Asian Institute of Management (AIM), Philippines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science (Hons.) Universiti Sains Malaysia
Areas of Expertise
Abdul Rais Abdul Majid
Abdul Rais has more than 40 years of relevant experience in the business valuation service & financial services industry. Previously, he has worked with Bank Bumiputra Malaysia Berhad (BBMB, now CIMB Bank) and Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad (Malaysia’s second full- Islamic bank).
He has been involved in establishing and managing various new international offices for the respective banks. Over the course of his career with BBMB, he has served as Head of the Financial Institutions Division, General Manager BBMB New York Division, Chief Executive Officer of BBMB International Bank Ltd and Chief Executive Officer of BBMB International Trust Limited in Labuan.
During his tenure with Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad, he established and led the Investment Banking Division for many years where he was actively involved in a series of milestone Sukuk transactions in infrastructure & power projects. He’s a senior advisor with Spring Galaxy. His skill set and services include:
- Consultancy services for small businesses and start-ups in business strategy, operational efficiency and financing.
- Special projects on sukuk origination and establishing new Islamic banks.
He has wide experience in financial & business advisory for Sukuk origination, Islamic Finance and Capital Markets in Malaysia, and international offshore financial business.